Saturday, January 2, 2010

Home Alone

I need a vacation from my vacation! It was a busy time in Utah and I did not get done most of what I planned but it was still fun and productive. The best part was seeing my family and some of my friends -- especially the Dear Husband. We are now in the year that Kim will move up to Montana with me -- YEA!!!

Utah weather was not very cooperative and my departure was delayed, but I finally left on Thursday at 3:30 a.m. I did not plan to leave that early but I couldn't sleep so figured I might as well start driving. The weather was not great and Syd had diarrhea, necessitating frequent stops, but after over nine hours of driving we arrived back at our house in Montana; "we" being me, six dogs and two cats since remember that Galen is now back in Utah.

My time alone did not last long, as Jake and Cassie were just a few hours behind me. Cassie's grandpa lives close to me, and so Jake and Cassie decided to come up for a visit. I took advantage of all this and managed to convince Jake to get on the roof to try and sweep the chimney. We were unsuccessful in getting it swept but nobody fell off the roof, and that is a success all by itself! I will now be looking for a professional chimney sweep so I can use the wood stove...



Yesterday we had more visitors in a day than we have had in six months of living here. Jake and Cassie were here, of course, but we also welcomed a special guest all the way from Washington DC! Chris was here visiting family, and asked if she could come by -- she only knows us from the Blog and Berner-l so it was the first time we have met in person.

Cadi welcomed her by swallowing her nice glove -- luckily Chris noticed it was missing and we quickly deduced the culprit. Hydrogen peroxide in buttermilk and up came the glove -- completely whole. Sigh... In spite of that little misadventure, we all had a good time -- except maybe Cadi, but it serves her right -- what a dork...

Chris was missing her own berner, Poppy, and enjoyed seeing our herd...



After Chris left, we got busy cooking for our first ever Montana dinner party! Cassie's grandpa joined us and we had a wonderful evening visiting and eating.


Cassie and her grandpa are both artists, and so when we went for an early morning walk Cassie took pictures so she could draw from them; here are a few that she took...

This is the view as we walk down the driveway towards the road.


We walked along the road and it is so lovely -- in two miles we were not passed by one car!




And here is what we see as we walk back down the driveway -- that is our house with two of the Eds in the pasture that is in front of the house.


Jake and Cassie left this morning after a breakfast of pancakes, and now I am truly alone -- well, you know what I mean. I am waiting for loneliness to kick in -- or maybe a burst of productivity -- but instead I am just relaxing for the first time in weeks...very nice...

Happy New Year!!!! I guess I need to get busy on my 2010 Hopes and Wishes -- when I am done relaxing I will get right on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment