Saturday, November 21, 2009

Let It Snow! (like we have a choice)

We got a couple of inches of snow this morning -- our first "real" snow at our new house. And can I just say how much I love this house and this wonderful setting! And Montana -- what a great place to live. And I love my job also -- there is a lot in my life to be thankful about...but I digress -- snow pictures!

This is Zoey. At least once a day I think to myself (or say to her), "that is a beautiful puppy". High energy, devoted to me, LOVES agility -- like crazy loves agility. She doesn't jump yet but we have started private lessons. And here she is looking gorgeous as usual...


Her sister, Asia, is no wallflower either...


Sydney is the smallest of our girls but she has really grown in the past month and is now just two pounds smaller than Zoey. However, Syd is one mighty little girl and her cute face hides a rather fierce little spirit. Here are Asia, Zoey, and Syd -- and trust me -- Syd always emerges the winner, rolling the other girls every time...


And here we have the Old Ladies badly in need of an ear trimming! Maize, age nine, and Halo, age seven -- Halo is the shorter one. Both girls are doing just fine -- nobody told them that they were supposed to slow down. All of us "mature" women could take a lesson -- don't let anybody tell you what you are supposed to do or not do just because of age!


And age does not rob us of beauty -- here is lovely Maize striking a pose...


Tomorrow is cute Sydney's first birthday!!! In honor of that, I have extra pictures of her today and hope to have Glitterati pictures tomorrow. Let me tell you about Sydney -- SMART SMART SMART. We are doing an obedience class together and WOW -- she is definitely a Kaibab girl. She loves to work and still is the friendliest dog I have ever met. She does not just wag her tail -- she wags her entire body!! I weighed her yesterday and she is just under 70 pounds so not a big girl, but she has grown taller recently so added weight and some leg. She is definitely maturing slowly and not exactly at her most beautiful -- while Zoey is the Homecoming Queen/Head Cheerleader, Sydney is the president of the Debate Club -- more of a late bloomer :) Here is Sydney with her mom, Cadi...


And here is Syd, self-stacked without much coat at the moment...


Head Cheerleader/Homecoming Queen and the Debate Club president (without the horned rim glasses ;)


But just look at how incredibly adorable Sydney is -- her head is just beautiful :)



I love snow -- well, when I do not have to drive the van in it. Growing up in California, I always thought snow was so exotic and exciting, and I have never really lost that sense of wonder about it. It is an excellent reminder that what is ordinary can be so extraordinary, and that most of what brings joy is just a matter of choice and perspective. You can crab about the snow, or marvel at the winter wonderland :) I suggest choosing marvel...

No comments:

Post a Comment