Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good Company

It is always good to start off the day with some company -- Asia thinks she could do with a little less of Zoey's up close and personal company but she has given up being annoyed about it...



A three-way tug -- the toy lasted less than five minutes :) This is Asia, Zoey, and Sydney...


Zoey and Sydney -- love Syd's expression: MINE!!!!!!


With a new year started and the Specialty looming in just three months, it was time to get back to work! I mentioned that Cassie gave me a journal that she made that includes Blog pictures and postings -- well, it has Asia on the cover so I made it Asia's tracking journal...

The first entry is as follows: "January 3, 2011. Back to VST! So fun & Asia was so excited! Went to Fort Missoula & used non-snow areas under pine trees to work on transitions. So did a short 2 right turn track in snow with 6 - 8 articles:
-- worked on motivation
-- worked on transitions
-- worked on article indication"

I have found training journals to be very helpful and note that I am not all technical about things -- that doesn't work for me. For example, there is no mention of wind/weather/map of track/etc. -- just a quick summary to keep me thinking about how to proceed and what the goals are...

I had a busy day yesterday in Missoula with a work meeting, training, seeing Galen in his new apartment, shopping, etc. but back at home, Dear Husband was busy!!! I came home to find a clean kitchen, the garbage taken to the can (not an easy feat!), laundry done, Halo walked, and so on -- wow! After all this time of doing everything myself, I am loving this partner thing again :) :)

I have a great Dear Husband and we are finally kid-free after 12 years!!!!!!! We love the kids but we also love not having to be parents first anymore... But don't you worry one bit that Dear Husband was lonely while I was gone all day -- he had lots of company and took pictures to prove it...

Heidi Marie and George stopped in to say hi and help with pruning...


I am sure this is apropos of nothing but Dear Husband seems to have attracted some new friends to our house -- wild turkeys! They are all named Tom and Betty...



And Chippy found the chopped apples I left out for Heidi Marie and George, so he joined Dear Husband's party...



Oh -- and look what visited ME on January 1 to usher in the New Year -- perched at the top of the tree where the bears were was my excellent omen for 2011...


I thought about names -- Legal and Rogaine -- but then decided that omens should not have a name because they seem too magical to capture with a word so my New Year's visitor is unnamed but appreciated.

I hope you have a magical day, complete with lots of fun friends, good omens, and toys that last longer than five minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment