Wednesday, October 13, 2010

From D.C.

Here is a summary of the first two days: drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive drive -- I suspect you get the idea. We did stop and have breakfast with Carol in Iowa City and that was fun and then we did more of the above, arriving in Alexandria, Virgina at about 3:30 a.m. local time on Tuesday.

Instead of staying at the cushy conference hotel, we had a room reserved at a Red Roof Inn because they allow dogs and we were *supposed* to have Zoey -- so we are here at a rather second rate motel but without a dog...sigh...

So after a few hours of sleep on Tuesday morning I was on the metro and off to the conference while Kim spent the day sleeping and Zoey spent the day back in Montana (sigh). Joan and I did our presentation and it went well, and then it was back to the lovely Red Roof Inn.

Today (Wednesday) Kim and I did some sight seeing before heading back to the conference where I presented again, and that also went well. Tomorrow we will go to one more tourist thing before heading north with no particular destination in mind.

On Friday we will visit friends and then go to Connecticut where we will pick up Montana Mac, and then it is back to Montana.

Last night my neighbor in Montana called and told me that we have a bear wandering about - I was SO excited!!!!!! I hope he sticks around long enough so I can see him and figure out what his name is!!! However, Galen is not so excited to meet our new friend and I suspect will not leave the house until we get home :)

Some pictures to share...

From the Vietnam Veterans Memorial...


One of Chippy's city cousins...


Washington Monument


Lincoln Memorial


Korean War Veterans Memorial


Joan and I


A nice quote from The House of the Temple (a Masonic building)...


Kim practicing being Royalty...


I hope you are having a most excellent week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment