Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fast Update from Reno

The Regional was super fun :) I arrived at 6:30 a.m. and scored an amazing parking spot for my early bird tendencies, and considering how much to/from the car one does at a show, this was very nice. Excellent friends let me share a spot in their grooming tent and so it was just an easy show for me. There was the small problem of Asia managing to get her head stuck as she attempted an escape from my mesh crate -- it took a little team to handle that unfortunate incident, and my last Cabana crate is in the garbage :( Oh well -- at least Asia did not get loose and head off on a search/rescue mission to find me!

Zoey was second of eight in her sweeps class, and the judge said he wished he could give two first places as he loved both of the girls so that was very nice. Zoey did not do anything in the regular class (she was in bred-by) and Asia did not do anything exciting in Best of Breed either, but we did not care as we had a GREAT day. I got to see wonderful friends and lovely dogs, and hang out at the fairgrounds where I did 4-H stuff as a teenager. The best news of the day -- the vet who did Zoey's preliminary x-rays believes she will get a rating of Good Hips and Normal Elbows -- WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

After the show I had dinner with my dad, sister, cousin, and our law school kid so that was very fun also. I decided to start the drive after dinner even though it was late and so here we are in the Reno Motel Six. The dogs are exhausted after a long day at the show, and so am I.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend complete with exciting news and time with people you love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment