Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Thursday Report

Another busy and exhausting day in Portland! It really is amazing how consuming it is to be here -- so many people to visit and things to do and see, and never enough time. We started the day bright and early with Zed in the beauty pageant -- he made the cut but did not place today. Isn't he adorable?!


After that it was off to obedience where we were able to cheer for our friends and the various Kaibab dogs. Marti and Maverick got their first CD leg from Novice A -- with a fourth place finish! You can see by this picture that Marti was VERY excited -- as well she should be :)


Kay and Dillon got a Open A leg, complete with a ribbon!


Molly and Fiona did a great job in their very first obedience show, but did not qualify; Elliott and Glenda also had a nice run but Elliott got tired on that sit-stay and decided to start the down-stay a little ahead of schedule :)

Purna and Megan stopped by just to visit...


I was busy watching obedience so Kim took Maize in the Veterans Parade, where they read this poem (that Maize and I adapted) as she walked around the ring:

When I am on old dog, I will wear a purple collar
with a red scarf that doesn't suit me

And I shall spend my time chasing deer in Montana
And demand cookies and attention from everyone I met.
I shall sit down when I'm tired, even if it is in the obedience ring
And gobble up samples from booths and from the ground
And run amuck in agility whenever I feel like it
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.


Our suite is so big that we rent it out as an event center -- Eden Jonas hosted a party here this afternoon. Cadi was so tired from saying hello to everyone that she curled up on the couch to take a snooze...


Tomorrow is another action-packed day -- stay tuned for the next installment of the Specialty Chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment