Monday, November 3, 2008

More Joys


Karen and Mike just left for the airport with their new puppy. They took Darby -- now Maya. This is a LOVELY puppy -- very typey and with great structure. Karen will be working on making Maya a Versatility Dog, and I suspect Maya will have no trouble earning her championship and working titles. This is the puppy who most resembled Asia as a puppy, and I was hoping she would be the one I kept -- in addition to being lovely she is extremely sweet and laid back. But her place in this world is being a therapy dog with Karen, and making a good impression for us out east with Karen and Mike -- I know she is perfect for her new life.

3 comments:

  1. Karen and Mike are LUCKY! I've been a fan of Darby/Maya since seeing the evaluation videos -- that puppy was born for performance work.

    Great joy to the three of them.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Karen & Mike!

    You have a beautiful addition to your family. Darby was one of my favoites. She is not only beautiful, but I like the fact that she is sweet and laidback. I hope you will send Mary-Ann photos as she grows and keep "us" ? updated on her new life.

    Best Wishes to You All!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen and Mike,

    Great to meet you guys. Best of luck in all you do with Maya.

    Jonn

    ReplyDelete