Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hopes and Wishes in a New Year



Zoey and Faith sure enjoy being together. When they were tiny, they were frequently together in the random pictures I took so I find it ironic that they remain together. Faith is sitting up in the picture.



I had the puppies in front (it is fenced) and they literally stop traffic on our street. A mom and her two sweet kids made a U turn to see puppies; I invited them in and got some really great pictures, if I do not say so myself. It is hard not to take great pictures with cute puppies and cute kids together!

A puppy rule that every kid in the neighborhood knows not to violate is "do not pick up the puppy" and so all of these pictures are because the puppy initiated the interaction. This is Whitby with his new friend.



This is cute and quiet Sydney.



Sydney decided that she had just about enough of Hudson and his movie star looks so she decided to try and maim him. Heidi will like Sydney quite a bit!



I am not sure which puppy this is but I love the picture :)



Sutton is not as big as the other boys but he sure is lovely, isn't he?



This is guess who doing guess what...sigh...



Rock Star aka Hudson



Another look at the future star...



Sutton thought this girl was delightful, especially because her hair was such a clever tug toy!



Puppies are not unlike people -- they hurt us, they love us, and we always go back for more.



Geneva is the smallest girl -- she is a petite darling and QUIET. I bet she would not even be noticed on the two acre grounds of a small hotel! And I am certain the California air would agree with her -- doesn't she look like Kaibab's Get Real?!



Or maybe quiet, sweet Geneva could be Kaibab's Gotta Be Kidding??



Look at how sweet this picture is - I love it!

Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to 2009 and will spend some time this morning writing out hopes and wishes for the year. This is really a gentler way of saying that I will be goal setting but a goal sounds so important, as if not achieving it would constitute failure. Hopes and wishes lay out a vision, and just seems kind and optimistic.

I certainly hope and wish our Glitterati will continue to thrive and be happy. I hope and wish that I will make the right choices of homes for them -- such a big responsibility that weighs heavily on me. Right now a woman in California is trying to convince her husband that three berners would be just fine and that a quiet Glitterati would fit right in (hence the references in the pictures). He responded in a most clever way -- never have I seen "HELL NO" and "OVER MY DEAD BODY"presented so poetically! Sometimes the best home is just not available to a puppy, and sometimes a great puppy is not available for a wonderful home. This matchmaking process is a challenging one with so many pieces that have to fall neatly into place.

Puppy assignments will not be made until they are 7.5 weeks old. I will be keeping a girl and could never pick a favorite puppy -- how sad would that be?! Picking a favorite means rejecting others, and I love them all. Therefore, my puppy will be picked on something more objective -- her structure. Whichever girl is the "best" in terms of her structure will stay with me. Of course, this assumes good temperament but I have no concerns with temperament. So the girl that we think is most "correct" will stay with me; I suspect this will not be an easy choice as all of the girls are quite lovely.

Although we may well have several in the litter who can finish championships and are therefore show puppies, not all will be placed in show homes. Many so-called "pet" puppies are just as lovely as "show" puppies, but are just not in a show home. I limit the number of show homes and so this limits how many puppies get designated as show puppies. A show puppy is not spayed or neutered until the championship is done; therefore, I limit placement of show puppies, and I am very careful about the people I trust with them.

What are your hopes and wishes for this new year? Whatever they are, my hope and wish is that you enjoy the journey they take you on. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful and Happy New Year.

P.S. One advantage of not drinking is that it is 6:30 a.m. on New Year's Day and I am clear headed and off to walk my dogs ;) Hope your day gets off to an equally good start!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, wonderful, hope-filled photos; thank you so much, for these, and all the other reports and photos for the Flitter and Glitter liters.

    And it certainly looks as though your hopes for Faith have been more than fulfilled -- as I hope all your other wishes for 2009 will be.

    Susan and Djinn

    ReplyDelete