Sunday, March 27, 2011

Heart Like Mine

First of all, Maize is about the same -- getting around with some difficulty but cheerful and happy. I gave her an anti-inflammatory this morning to see if that will help her mobility.

As I mentioned, I am first alternate for the VST test at the Specialty -- not the worst thing that could happen to a person but still disappointing, as you know. Since my car accident, I have been grounded and that Specialty means a lot to me, and has been a source of hope -- something to look forward to...

I also mentioned that I would never run two dogs at the expense of someone else -- that just wouldn't feel right to me. Well, it didn't feel right to one of the two dog trackers either -- and yesterday she wrote to me and offered to give up a track, using words just as I would have to explain why she wanted to do that. Her email made me cry.

Sometimes it is a little lonely on this piece of High Ground -- just me and my overdone sense of integrity. But sometimes -- like yesterday -- I am reminded that I am not alone -- not at all.

Of course I had to mull it over -- would that be fair of me to accept her offer? Would it be wrong to decline it? I thought about it all day.

In the end, I decided that a gift that reflects such integrity is not to be rejected, and that it would be wrong to say no to such a reflection of kindness and generosity.

And so Asia will run a VST track at the Specialty -- because actually there are many of us -- probably including you -- on that piece of High Ground -- and thank heavens for that.

So thanks to Laura for her gift, and for allowing me to feel what it is like to be the recipient of kindness -- it is an excellent reminder of the need to spread it around because all of us deserve to feel like this -- humbled, grateful, and in the company of good people...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad. :-) I secretly hoped this would happen. What day will you do the VST? I've never seen these events, and I'd live to see you and Asia do it.

    ~H

    ReplyDelete