Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update

Maize was ready for breakfast -- since I did not expect her to survive the night, this was an unexpected gift this morning. Here she is before breakfast...


But she is weak, and it took all her energy to enjoy her breakfast and after that she headed back to bed but couldn't make it all the way so just decided to take a nap in the spot where she ran out of steam -- and there she is...



I am not sure what is going on, but I am sure she is not in any significant pain. I can understand why people would rush off to the vet under these circumstances -- but there is nothing that can or needs to be done right now. Yes, it is hard to see her like this -- but this is not about me -- it is about Maize.

My goal is to keep her comfortable and in her normal life/surroundings, so that she can go away on her journey -- when it is her time -- with all the love and support with which she arrived and has lived for 10.5+ years.

My hope is that she will bounce back to what she was two days ago -- my worry is that she is nearing the end of her earthly life...

6 comments:

  1. I know Maize will be surrounded by much love and warmth in the comfort of her home, but I still have tears in my eyes. Love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears too - I will truely miss Mrs.Maize - she has ben such a special lady!!!! hugs and strength to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maize is one of most strong, and loving dogs I have ever seen, I have no doubt that she will continue fighting for as long as she can. Surrounded by love and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Maize will do as she will -- she is the matriarch, and that's exactly right. I have lots of love and prayers for her as she navigates her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! Mrs. Sending hugs and kisses through my tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please give Mrs. Maize a kiss on the nose and a gentle rub on her cheek for me...hard to see with tears just now. Love to all and God Bless You

    ReplyDelete