Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Random Things

Some of you know that Terri Z. (Jealous Zed's mom) lost her dad recently. He always enjoyed the pictures of my cats with my dogs, and I will never see one like this without thinking of him.

There is never a good time to lose a parent, and that is a loss that takes a piece of your identity with it. So thinking of Terri and her dad, and all of us who are missing parents today...

Zoey suggests finding something to take one's mind off whatever is sad or hurting -- she recommends rubbery red balls with feet...


Mrs. Maize has developed a mass on her foot -- look at this picture and see the pink ball attached to the black pad...


You know I am not a big fan of doing unnecessary things to dogs so it may surprise you that the mass is coming off this morning. Maize is feeling fantastic, is happy and enjoying her life, but this little mass is ulcerated and bleeding and so it impacts her quality of life -- and therefore needs to leave. It will also give us another chance to try and pin down a diagnosis, although that is not the reason to remove it; we will send good samples of the mass to two labs.

Freaky owner that I am, I will take work and be parked in the waiting room of the vet the entire time Maize is there -- Dear Husband will join me.

I hope that you have a most excellent day, free of loss and lumps.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking positive thoughts for Maizie this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT a freaky owner ~ Just a loving and caring owner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch that looks like it hurts :-( I don't think your being freaky at all.. I think many people would do that exact same thing for the pets they love. I was curious if you recommend pet insurance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than freaky owner, I would say Loving Dog Mama. Hope it goes smoothly for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete